The end of summer is fast approaching, but if your weather is anything like mine, you still have quite a while to appreciate these popsicles.
This is a very simple recipe that is easy to adapt to your flavor preferences- I chose to stick with a classic strawberry and cream combo, but go ahead and use whatever fruit is in season or sounds delicious.
You can also use whatever kind of yogurt you like based on your flavor preferences or dietary needs. I went with classic vanilla yogurt, and I prefer whole milk yogurt as well.
You will need to get a popsicle mold to make these, but they aren’t very expensive, and can be used all summer to make delicious popsicles. I found my popsicle maker here.
The recipe is below, enjoy!
- 3 cups vanilla yogurt (I prefer to use whole milk yogurt, but you could use low fat or Greek if you prefer)
- 1 ½ cup diced strawberries
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Popsicle sticks
- Popsicle mold
- Combine 1 cup of yogurt, 1 tablespoon honey and 1/2 cup of the diced strawberries.
- Neatly spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of the yogurt mixture into the bottom of the popsicle mold.
- Freeze for about 15 minutes.
- Take the remaining ingredients and place into a blender or food processor and blend well.
- Pour the strawberry/honey mixture into the popsicle molds.
- Cover the mold with lid and insert popsicle sticks.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.